Athens Architectural Styles
A lovely ramble through the quarters of downtown Athens, taking in a superb selection of buildings from the mid 17th century to the present day. This walk proceeds in a roughly chronological manner to explore architectural styles ranging from ottoman residences of the pre-revolutionary Athens to neoclassical edifices, and from modernist to the present-day polykatoikia.
Walk in a nutshell
The walk chronicles the creativity of the architects, artists and designers, as well as the currents in the city’s culture that helped shape their work. During the walk you will explore the quarter’s architectural heritage and be captivated by stories of the architects and buildings that mark the transition from Neoclassicism to Eclecticism, from Art Deco to Modernism.
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting point: Metro station “Acropolis” exit Areopagitou (exact location here).
Language of delivery: English
- Meet & greet at Hotel (for hotels within walking distance from the start point)
- Private guidance by a Big Olive field expert
- All taxes, legal charges and processing fees.
Meals, transfers and other personal expenses not mentioned above
Ratecard (The below rates are per group)
1 person 2-4 persons 5-7 persons 8-10 persons 11-12 persons 13-15 persons 16-20 persons
180 € 200 € 240 € 260 € 280 € 300 € 320 €
- Rates vary according to group size and the duration of the walk.
- This walk is available for private bookings only and allows further customization/theme adaptation
- You can extend or reduce the duration of the walk (please contact us for a special quote based on your preferences).
- This is a city walk – please equip yourself with comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- This walk will not enter any archaeological sites.
“Architecture is the learned game, correct and magnificent, of forms assembled in the light” – Le Corbusier (1887-1965)