Athens Street Art & Graffiti Walk
In the early ’90s a new phenomenon introduced itself among the youngsters of Athens, imported straight from New York’s streets. Graffiti was the upcoming trend meant to leave an indelible mark in the city through the years. Recently, the growing intensity of political events in the country has fueled the domestic street art scene and even attracted foreign artists, consolidating Athens as a contemporary Mecca of street art.
Walk in a nutshell
Aiming to achieve a better understanding of graffiti as a contemporary urban phenomenon, this tour, as its name suggests, travels though graffiti’s history, always keeping Athenian walls as the starting point. Beginning from the Exarcheia neighbourliness and the world of the early writers, we will continue to explore selected parts of Psyrri area and the emergence of street art. The walk ends after a brief visit to the quarter of Metaxourgheio discussing the politics of a subculture gone mainstream.
Duration: 3 hours
Starting point: Vox cinema, Exarcheia Square, exact location here.
Language of delivery: English
- Meet & greet at Hotel (for hotels within walking distance from the start point)
- Private guidance by a Big Olive field expert
- All taxes, legal charges and processing fees.
Meals, transfers and other personal expenses not mentioned above
Ratecard (The below rates are per group)
1 person 2-4 persons 5-7 persons 8-10 persons 10-12 persons 12-15 persons 15-20 persons
180 € 200 € 240 € 260 € 280 € 300 € 320 €
- Rates vary according to group size and the duration of the walk.
- This walk is available for private bookings only and allows further customization/theme adaptation
- You can extend or reduce the duration of the walk (please contact us for a special quote based on your preferences).
- This is a city walk – please equip yourself with comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- This walk will not enter any archaeological sites.
*This walk can be combined with a street art workshop. For more information please contact us at email@example.com
“Art is an evolutionary act. The shape of art and its role in society is constantly changing. At no point is art static. There are no rules.”
― Raymond Salvatore Harmon, BOMB: A manifest of Art Terrorism
Book your walk
Pricing & Bookings
This city walk is currently only offered to private groups in English or in Greek, with the price on display being for the whole group (depending on its size). Kindly indicate the preferred date, starting time & participant number by filling the following form