Classical Landmarks of Athens
The classical period was an era of unprecedented political and cultural achievement. In this period, Athens reached its greatest political and cultural heights: the full development of the democratic governmental system under the Athenian statesman Pericles; the building of the Parthenon on the Acropolis; the creation of the tragedies of Sophocles, Aeschylus and Euripides; and the founding of the philosophical schools of Socrates and Plato.
Walk in a nutshell
Step back in time and gain a vivid insight into Athens’ classical past. In addition to the great monuments of classical Athens, you will also learn about all major aspects of daily life from food and sports to religion, education, and politics. You will see the houses people inhabited, admire the theatre where the masterpieces of ancient drama were first performed; learn about the architecture of the Parthenon; discover the ruins of the Athenian Agora, the heart of ancient Athens where political, judicial, commercial, cultural and religious activities all found a place together.
Duration Rate per Group
1-2 hours 260 €
3-4 hours 310 €
5-7 hours 320 €
8 hours 350 €
Full day (outside Athens) 430 €
Rates are per group of maximum 25 participants and include VAT 24%.
Rates do not include entrance tickets to the archaeological sites, transfers, meals, and any other services not mentioned above.
- Acropolis of Athens: adult €20, reduced €10
- Acropolis Museum: high season (Apr 1 – Oct 31) adult €10, reduced €5 / low season (Nov 1 – Mar 31) adult adult €5, reduced €3
- Ancient Agora of Athens: adult €8, reduced €4
- Combo ticket* adult €30, reduced €15
- Roman Agora of Athens: adult €6, reduced €3
- Hadrian’s Library: adult €4, reduced €2
- Kerameikos: adult €8, reduced €4
- National Archaeological Museum: General Admission €10
- The Pnyx & Philopappou Hill: no entrance fees
- Olympieio (Temple of Zeus): adult €6, reduced €3
- Lykeion (Aristotle’s Lyceum): adult €4, reduced €2
*Combo ticket includes entrance to Acropolis Hill, Ancient Agora, Archaeological Museum of Kerameikos, Hadrian’s Library, Kerameikos, Museum of the Ancient Agora, Olympieio, Roman Agora of Athens and is valid for five days.
Ticket “skip the counter” prepurchase & delivery: €60 per group
Coffee break: from € 10 per person
Lunch break: from € 25 per person
Dinner: from € 35 per person
- This walk is available for private bookings only.
- This is a city activity – please equip yourself with comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
“We turn aside to trace the footsteps left by ancient Time“
Aeschylus, The Suppliant Maidens. 533.
Image Credit: Frederic Boissonnas, 1903