Grand Tour of Thessaloniki
A historical amalgam of ethnicities and cultures, Thessaloniki has left its distinct, indelible cultural mark on the region of Macedonia over the millennia.
This walk serves as a palimpsest of memories that will guide you through the city’s diverse time layers and phases of modern development. The itinerary starts with a bird’s-eye view of the city from the Vlatades Monastery and gradually descends towards the sea. You will be guided through busy squares, bustling markets, intertwined streets and landmarks of historical importance that bear witness to the city’s rich Hellenistic, Roman, Christian, Jewish, Muslim and modern bourgeois heritage. Points of interest include the Alaca Imaret, the Roman Agora, Aristotelous Square, the White Tower, the Hippodrome and the Rotonda of Galerius.
Duration: 3 hours
Language of delivery: English, Greek
- Meet & greet at Hotel (for hotels within walking distance from the start point)
- Private guidance by a Big Olive field expert
- All taxes, legal charges and processing fees.
Meals, transfers and other personal expenses not mentioned above
Ratecard (The below rates are per group)
1 person 2-4 persons 5-7 persons 8-10 persons 10-12 persons 12-15 persons 15-20 persons
180 € 200 € 240 € 260 € 280 € 300 € 320 €
- Rates vary according to group size and the duration of the walk.
- This walk is available for private bookings only and allows further customization/theme adaptation
- You can extend or reduce the duration of the walk (please contact us for a special quote based on your preferences).
- This is a city walk – please equip yourself with comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- This walk will not enter any archaeological sites.
Request Bookings & Questions
Contact us at email@example.com we’ll get back to you within 24 hours with our best quote.