The areas west of Athens have nested the productive sector of the Greek capital throughout the 20th century. The districts around Omonoia, in particular, have successfully catered to a palimpsest of populations of various classes and ethnic groups. Contemporary practices and beliefs gradually led secondary industries out of town, leaving remnants of production spaces behind; empty building carcasses and brownfields are today landscapes of potential development.
Stroll in a nutshell
This stroll follows the social zymoses and mutations in the former productive areas of Psyrri, Metaxourgheio andKerameikos. It tells a story of successive expansion, dislocation and gentrification by providing a deeper insight into the current urban geography of developing territories of the centre.
Omonoia • Metaxourgheio • Votanikos • Kerameikos
- Diplarios School
- Theatrou Square
- Avdi Square
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting point: Metro station ‘Omonoia’ outside Venetis (BENETH) Bakery (exact location here).
Drop off Point: Gazi Square, close to Gazi Metro Station
Language of delivery: English
- Meet & greet at Hotel (for hotels within walking distance from the start point)
- Private guidance by a Big Olive field expert
- All taxes, legal charges and processing fees.
Meals, transfers and other personal expenses not mentioned above
Ratecard (The below rates are per group)
1 person 2-4 persons 5-7 persons 8-10 persons 10-12 persons 12-15 persons 15-20 persons
180 € 200 € 240 € 260 € 280 € 300 € 320 €
- Rates vary according to group size and the duration of the walk.
- This walk is available for private bookings only and allows further customization/theme adaptation
- You can extend or reduce the duration of the walk (please contact us for a special quote based on your preferences).
- This is a city walk – please equip yourself with comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- This walk will not enter any archaeological sites.
“By far the greatest and most admirable form of wisdom is that needed to plan and beautify cities and human communities.” – Socrates
Book your walk
Pricing & Bookings
This city walk is currently only offered to private groups in English or in Greek, with the price on display being for the whole group (depending on its size). Kindly indicate the preferred date, starting time & participant number by filling the following form