Fitting seventy thousand inhabitants in only half a square mile, Kypseli makes up one of the most densely populated and heavily built urban areas in the world. Although its systematic development in the midwar years promised an urban haven to the prosperous, Kypseli has nonetheless fallen though the years in decline. Still, its recent transformation into a melting pot of ethnicities, classes and aspirations, along with the newfound attention for some of its historical sites give hope for the quarter’s cultural rebirth.
Stroll in a nutshell
Start off at Victoria square to explore a succession of landmarks and points of interest including the Areos Park, the Phokionos Negri boulevard and the newly reopened Municipal market.
Victoria • Pedion Areos • Kypseli.
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting point: Areos park, in front of the statue of Constantine I (exact location here)
Language of delivery: English
- Meet & greet at Hotel (for hotels within walking distance from the start point)
- Private guidance by a Big Olive field expert
- All taxes, legal charges and processing fees.
Meals, transfers and other personal expenses not mentioned above
Ratecard (The below rates are per group)
1 person 2-4 persons 5-7 persons 8-10 persons 11-12 persons 13-15 persons 16-20 persons
180 € 200 € 240 € 260 € 280 € 300 € 320 €
- Rates vary according to group size and the duration of the walk.
- This walk is available for private bookings only and allows further customization/theme adaptation
- You can extend or reduce the duration of the walk (please contact us for a special quote based on your preferences).
- This is a city walk – please equip yourself with comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- This walk will not enter any archaeological sites.
“Hey little boy hurry up
hurry up its your day today
your eye is reflecting tomorrow
and you-you are going to shine
there is nothing to feel sorry tonight, son
it is all a matter of time”
– “Back to Kresnas Street” by Keep Shelly in Athens