Tales of Same Sex Love
The ancient Greeks were never at a loss for words when it came to describing Love in all its shades and complexities. On this walk you will learn about the history, facts, and figures that weave a fascinating path from centuries ago to the present day and guide us towards a greater understanding of the emotion which makes the world go round.
Walk in a nutshell
Step out on an eye-opening journey through Athens, discover world-famous landmarks as well as relatively unknown sites and listen as your docent tells you stories of romance that blossomed among famous residents of the city’s past. You’ll hear about gods and heroes, writers and philosophers, homoerotic love, and famous love affairs. This walk will also lead you through the streets that have witnessed the trials and triumphs of gay life.
- Meet & greet at Hotel (for hotels within walking distance from the start point)
- Private guidance by a Big Olive field expert (historian)
- All taxes, legal charges and processing fees.
Meals, transfers and other personal expenses not mentioned above
Ratecard (The below rates are per group)
1 person 2-4 persons 5-7 persons 8-10 persons 11-12 persons 13-15 persons 16-20 persons
180 € 200 € 240 € 260 € 280 € 300 € 320 €
- Rates vary according to group size and the duration of the walk.
- This walk is available for private bookings only and allows further customization/theme adaptation
- You can extend or reduce the duration of the walk (please contact us for a special quote based on your preferences).
- This is a city walk – please equip yourself with comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- This walk will not enter any archaeological sites.
“I saw that lovely body which seemed
as though Eros in his mastery had fashioned it”
– Constantine Cavafy, at the Café Door.