The Religious Tour
Travelers have been making spiritual journeys to religious sites for centuries. On this walk we follow the footsteps of pilgrims and spiritual leaders as we explore the great religious changes that took place in Athens, from the establishment of the first Jewish community to the introduction of Christianity by Saint Paul and the Muslim conquest of the Christian lands.
Walk in a nutshell
Visit the historic lands of the three Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) on a fascinating walk while seeing the beauty, art, and architecture of places of worship and religious importance. The walk begins at the Jewish synagogues and the Holocaust Memorial and continues to various Byzantine churches, Ottoman mosques, the site of a vanished Capuchin convent, and ends at the First Evangelical Church of Athens.
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting point: Metro station “Thisseion”, street Asomaton square (exact location here)
Language of delivery: English, German
- Meet & greet at Hotel (for hotels within walking distance from the start point)
- Private guidance by a Big Olive field expert
- All taxes, legal charges and processing fees.
Meals, transfers and other personal expenses not mentioned above
Ratecard (The below rates are per group)
Small Group (1-6 persons) Average group (7-12 persons) Large group (13-20 persons)
280 € 320 € 340 €
- Rates vary according to group size and the duration of the walk.
- This walk is available for private bookings only and allows further customization/theme adaptation
- You can extend or reduce the duration of the walk (please contact us for a special quote based on your preferences).
- This is a city walk – please equip yourself with comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block.
- This walk will not enter any archaeological sites.
Request Bookings & Questions
Contact us at email@example.com or fill in this form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours with our best quote.
“Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee
and I’ll forgive Thy great big one on me.”
– Robert Frost.